Monday, January 12, 2009

Footsteps

What do you do when you tried all that you could?
Gave all the love you have?
And nothing seems to matter, still plagued by the past.
That's a glimpse into my life.
However, I haven't given up.
Although, others may have given up on me.
I try to hold on,
It's just that I think that they want to be free.
You see,
I hold no hostages and take no prisoners.
I want the love to be mutual,
it's just hard to find equal minded visioners.
So, even though I'm not alone, I'm alone.
If that you can understand.
If not, take it as the heart murmuring of lonely man.
One who is wishing that his wife desired for him to be her man.
And by my side, for her to stand.
Instead of her feet on my back...
Leaving trails of her footsteps of negativity
all over me.
But what am I to do?
No matter what I say, try...
I'm still wrong,
Only the LORD can pull me through.

No comments:

Followers